Tuesday, December 20, 2011

IT'S CHRISTMAS TIME, DANG IT!!!!

I really didn't want to get "political" in my Christmas blog; just wanted to give some "history" on certain Christmas traditions, etc., and most of all (which I haven't got around to yet), share some lesser known information on the REAL Christmas story. However, I just could not let this pass...


MONDAY, DEC. 19, 2011-I was just driving to the store and heard on the radio how much a success the "winter holiday" drunk driving stake out was over the weekend. Are you kidding me? "Winter Holiday"???????? I'm getting sick of hearing about the "winter holiday"! It is CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!! We wouldn't even be celebrating a "winter holiday" if it wasn't for Chrsitmas! And I'm sick and tired of people being afraid to say "...Merry Christmas" because they are afraid they will offend someone. Well, I AM OFFENDED!!! It's okay for any other religion to have their sayings, celebrations, etc. But God forbid that we Christians try to have ours! It's okay for people to burn our flag, and use upside down crucifixes in urine as Christmas tree decorations, because that is their "first amendment right to free speech". Well, where's my first amendment right to free speech? Why should I ever have to be afraid of offending someone when I say "Merry Christmas?" And why do I have to be "considerate" wherever it is I choose to say it? And where is the American's right to celebrate Christmas as a religious holiday.? The first amendment says this: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances. " The government prohibits the free exercise of religion (the Christian religion that is) whenever public schools no longer have "Christmas" parties or "Christmas" programs", and when the manger scene cannot be displayed at government buildings. (There is still discrepency even if other "religious" representations are included). I mean, come on!! It is CHRISTMAS TIME people! We have the "holiday" because we are celebrating the birth of a special person, not the birth of "winter". His name is Jesus, and He was (and still is for anyone who will receive Him) the best Christmas present that was ever given! God the Father gave Him to us so that "whoever believes in Him will have eternal life! (John 3:16) So come one people. Don't be afraid to say it...SAY IT!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS! MERRY CHRISTMAS! and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment